Trick or Treat
I feel like I've been tricked. After working on today's presentation, lo and behold, I forgot the powerpoint electronic file in my office. Lesson learned. I should have saved it to Livetext.
Here's the technology input on my incident. Using my cell phone, I called my office and asked staff to email me the file. I then checked my email on the webmail and got ready to retrieve it. The process was successful. However, they sent me the wrong file. The only thing to do is de-stress. The solution will have to be non-tech.
It is interesting that each student's presentation is taking a different angle on the topic. Crystal focused on the writing. Gerri did vocab. Dawn's presentation really shows her multi-media skills once again.
It seems that all agreed on the difficulty of the textbook. Re-reading seems to be everyone's strategy.
Barbara
Here's the technology input on my incident. Using my cell phone, I called my office and asked staff to email me the file. I then checked my email on the webmail and got ready to retrieve it. The process was successful. However, they sent me the wrong file. The only thing to do is de-stress. The solution will have to be non-tech.
It is interesting that each student's presentation is taking a different angle on the topic. Crystal focused on the writing. Gerri did vocab. Dawn's presentation really shows her multi-media skills once again.
It seems that all agreed on the difficulty of the textbook. Re-reading seems to be everyone's strategy.
My own strategy is to highlight parts that are important. Then when I re-read, if the section is particularly difficult, I rewrite on a pad or on computer what I am reading. I found that my students do this same thing. I thought I'd share that tidbit with you.
Barbara

1 Comments:
You really didn't need that powerpoint! Your presentation was great without it. You know, technology isn't what we all make it out to be...it has it's own kinks. :o)
Post a Comment
<< Home