ED640 - Fall 2006

This course explores the theory and practice of literacy development and instruction across the K-12 school years.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Possibilities Beyond D.I.

I loved the way Dr. Rivera embarked our class on such a positive mode today. And thank you for the wonderful PEA comments! I honestly believe that all of your observations were indeed accurate, so before I get carried away, let me just get straight to the point. I thoroughly enjoyed everyone's literature review presentation tonight. Everyone did a terrific job in imparting literacy learning information whether the selection was on Success for All, Four Blocks, Adult Literacy, Sally, Dick & Jane Series, Guided Reading or Jolly Phonics. After everyone presented, I felt rather jolly and relieved that we only have one more week of class to go. But somehow, the word "parsing" was still on the back of my mind. Seriously, the word parsing stumped my mind all the way home so (despite sundown), I decided to broaden my horizons. As soon as I got home, I reached out to my most convenient source. According to my most accessible guidebook - The Merriam-Webster Dictionary, parsing basically means, "...to give a grammatical description of a word or a group of words." What an opportune time to ask Santa for one of those dictionary gadgets for Christmas - like the apparatus Barbara brought to class for our inspection? Until the next time we meet, be good and don't forget to include the device on your wish list. Adios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home